Wednesday 25 April 2012

Are should we wear helmet when ride bicycle? (Part One)

I do always teach student how to ride bicycle... Currently more that 500 student and staff have been joint the Bicycle Clinic since 2009 officially and unofficial. Before any ride, I like to courage the participant ask any question. There are a lot question been ask. Question I want to discuss in this post is "Is HELMET provided?"....

My answer is "YES" since I have about 100++ pieces of IronMag helmet. But from the 500 student, none ever ask "Why?"... Seriously nobody ever ask me why they need to wear helmet when cycling. I would like to ask the reader, why you wear helmet? 

Sometimes I don't wear helmet, especially in short ride or commuting in un busy route. There are some people criticise me, and say me are a bad example. Thanks for your concern, and i don't blame because we are Malaysian are "TOO CARE" to others. The reason I choose not to wear are because:-
  • I hope there are many people ask me "Why should we wear helmet?"
  • I don't want cycling been label as an dangerous  activities
  • I would want cycling in term of commuting been picture as simple as walking.
before any one think bukan-bukan i would like to clear that I am not anti-helmet. I don’t hate people who wear helmets, or think they are stupid, or childish. I think many of them make a perfectly rational decision to wear a helmet at least some of the time they are on a bike, and I believe that is their free choice, and I trust them to make a decision based on their own set of circumstances, as I would expect them to do for me. I do wear helmet when 
  • Ride Off-road
  • Ride or commuting in busy route (e.g Putrajaya in Peak Hour, KL around the clock since crossing Besraya highway)
  • Ride in group especially ride as sweeper since high possibility of accident
  • Planing for High Speed riding more that 25 kmph.
continue... 


No comments:

Post a Comment